Surendra Institute of Engineering and Management, Siliguri, a leading B. Tech college of the region of North Bengal started three-week-long orientation workshop for the newly joined students at the college premises.
As per the guidelines of All India Council for Technical Education, newly joined students need to be induced in the academic as well as extra curriculum environment through a systematic induction programme.
The welcome note was delivered by Dr. A Rameshkumar, Principal, SIEM.
The students were informed about the newly introduced syllabus, curriculum, extra-curriculum activities, and social activities during the interactive induction session. Throughout the three weeks of the induction program, the new entrants will be passing through the unique learning mechanism in which they will be imparted with the workshops on various topics by the experts of various fields, soft skills, yoga sessions, excursions, etc.
The students were given a session on blood donation awareness during the induction program in which the social activists and blood donation camp organizers from Siliguri told them about the need and significance of blood donation.
Departmental Heads of various branches of Engineering addressed the students as well as parents in the very first day of the induction program:
· Mr. Tapan Kr. Sen, Head, Department of Civil Engineering
· Dr. Dinesh Ch. Roy, Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering
· Mr. Ritam Dutta, Head, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
· Mr. Subhadip Saha, Head, Department of Electrical Engineering
· Dr. Tara Shankar Pathak, Head, Department of Chemistry
· Dr. Souvik Ghose, Head, Department of Physics
· Mr. Nirmika Subba, Head, Department of Humanities
· Dr. R K Sur, Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematics, SIEM, Siliguri
· Mr. S R Naha, In-charge for Examination Cell, SIEM, Siliguri
· Dignitaries from ‘Dainik Jagran’ on Blood Donation
· Mr. Sumanto Nag, Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering with special mention about antiragging and vote of thanks