Surendra Institute of Engineering and Management has one of the best Civil Engineering departments in the whole of North Bengal. The Department of Civil Engineering (CE) conducts fundamental and applied research to advance the civil engineering professions, educate future academic and industry leaders, and prepare students for their careers in professional practice. Civil engineers are educated to sustain the natural environment while creating and maintaining the built environment.
The Department of Civil Engineering has distinguished itself by its rapid progress and achievements since its inception in 2010. It has experienced staff members, specialized in different fields of Civil Engineering. It is well equipped with state of the art testing laboratories. The Soil Mechanics laboratory, Transportation laboratory, Surveying laboratory, Geology laboratory, Concrete laboratory, RCC Detailing laboratory, Environment laboratory, Solid Mechanics laboratory, Fluid Mechanics laboratory are fully equipped with modern equipment and machineries. The incessantly maintained student-teacher relationship helps in bringing out the latent talent of students and updates them to evolve as competent professionals.
Many of our students are now working with various prestigious companies, while many are pursuing their higher studies from NIT’s, IIT’s and other higher institutions. They have carried forward the legacy of excellence and professionalism even in their present areas of work and study.
To nurture intellectual and moral leadership, to implant the extra skills and out of box thinking by igniting the minds of young students to realize their potential and make positive contribution leading to the prosperity of the society, the nation and the world at large.
- M1 - Earnestly strive to provide the best learning opportunities through quality education in engineering and technology to aspiring young students.
- M2 - To enable young individuals to excel in life not only by nurturing academic excellence but also by fostering values, understanding civic responsibilities and building global competence in a dynamic environment.
- M3 - To create an environment that anticipates and plans for a regime of knowledge creation and dissemination in all fields of human activity, leading ultimately to sustained economic growth and social justice.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO1 – to provide the students with fundamental and practical knowledge of civil engineering subjects by developing problem solving skills
- PEO2 – to inculcate communication and teamwork skills to become a competent and responsible professional with moral values
- PEO3 – to imbibe with thirst of perpetual knowledge-based learning for the benefit of the society
Program Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems. 2.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
| Under Graduate
| 4 Years (for 1st year) & 3 Years (Lateral Entry)
| XII with PCM 45% (Gen) & 40% (SC, ST, OBC)
| JEE (Mains) Ranking or WBJEE Ranking
| 60 (first year admission) & 12 (Lateral Entry)