From the DI’s desk
With the growing demand of Electrical Engineers in the core sectors of Government and private industries, the Department of Electrical Engineering of Surendra Institute of Engineering & Management, is making best efforts to produce highly trained, employable and capable engineers who can take up the challenges of the real world. The Electrical Engineering Department has specialized faculties in all important areas of Electrical Engineering such as Power system, Power Electronics & Drives, Control & Automation, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation, Measurements, Machines and Signal processing. The academic and research activities in the department focus on the frontier areas of Electrical Engineering such as power quality studies, applications of micro processors & micro controllers, smart grid design, non-conventional energy sources and its system integration with the main power grid, etc.
On successful completion of 4 year B.Tech program in Electrical Engineering, the outgoing students will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to solve engineering problems.
- Design electrical products, accessories, and control and measurement systems and evaluate their performance.
- Study the characteristics of different Electrical Machines to recommend its applications, the performance and design.
- Undertake the activities related to maintenance of equipments and accessories.
- Perform the experiments, analyse and interpret data and reach to a technical conclusion.
- Communicate effectively in their field of work.
- Act in a global economic, environmental and societal context.
- Follow the codes of professional ethics in workplace.
- Ensure the safety practices in all walks of life.
- Work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Design the basic structure of power system with protective schemes and its operation.
- Acquire the skill of learning to ever-changing technological environments.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to complex engineering activities, with an awareness of the accompanying assumptions and limitations.
- Explain the global impact of professional engineering solutions in societal, economical and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Effectively manage projects in multidisciplinary environments and apply project management tools and techniques to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team to satisfy stakeholders’ requirements.
|Course Type||:||Under Graduate|
|Course Duration||:||4 Years|
|Eligibility||:||XII with PCM 45% (Gen) & 40% (SC, ST, OBC)|
|Admission Procedure||:||JEE (Mains) Ranking or WBJEE Ranking|
|Seat Intake||:||60 (first year admission) & 12 (Lateral Entry)|